Jenna Harris has a broad-based litigation practice with a primary focus on intellectual property and commercial litigation, and is experienced in complex business disputes and issues relating to entertainment, copyright, trademark and trade secret. Jenna has represented clients in federal and state court actions, and also assists clients with transactional matters related to copyright, trademark and branding.
Jenna provides business-minded counseling to clients in the music, fashion, media, entertainment, film, and e-commerce industries. She understands the value of intellectual property and the importance of strategic decisions in maintaining and enhancing that value. Jenna’s experience includes representing and counseling clients in:
• State and federal court litigation related to a broad range of corporate disputes.
• Intellectual property protection, maintenance, enforcement, licensing and litigation, including:
- Trademark and copyright infringement litigation in federal court.
- Proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- The procurement and maintenance of intellectual property registration with the United States Patent and Trademark and Copyright Office.
• Brand development, marketing and clearance.
• Internet, e-commerce, search engine and domain name disputes.
Jenna is Chair Elect of the Executive Committee of the Entertainment and Sports Law Section of the Tennessee Bar Association and is actively involved with the Volunteer Lawyers and Professionals for the Arts. Jenna has been named a “Mid-South Rising Star” in Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers from 2016-2018.
• Presenter – Star Athletica and the Intersection of Trademark and Copyright in Fashion, Tennessee Bar Association, Nashville, TN (May 19, 2017)
• Panelist – Trademark Enforcement in Fashion & Apparel, North American Law Summit, Montego Bay, Jamaica (November 10, 2017)
• Panelist – Unique Forms of Trademark Protection: 2018 Update, North American Law Summit, Grand Cayman Island (November 9, 2018)